Register

Confrérie de les vins de Ventoux

Hic I'm not as thunk as drenkle peep. Glirch.

Confrérie de les vins de Ventoux

Postby Joanbunting » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:18 pm

What a giggle!

We have been invited to take part in what seems to be a very serious (???) event on Friday. The wine makers of the local appelation are foregathering in the village to celebrate the wonderful 2012 vintage of Cotes de Ventoux.

Seemingly it involves processing in robes, being blessed by the bish, singing silly songs (in Provencale) and drinking rather a lot. So much for our New Year resolutions :D

Pictures will be taken if sober and/or composed enough but I expect the local rag will be there too.

Re: Confrérie de les vins de Ventoux

Postby Lusciouslush » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:26 pm

Vigneron's Unite....!

There'll be much sniffing, tasting, swilling, & pontificating..........just don't mention vin anglais....!!! :D

Better get those robes pressed then.....what sort of hat are you wearing - pointy or flat?

Postby Joanbunting » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:47 pm

Lusciouslush wrote:Vigneron's Unite....!

There'll be much sniffing, tasting, swilling, & pontificating..........just don't mention vin anglais....!!! :D

Better get those robes pressed then.....what sort of hat are you wearing - pointy or flat?

None. It has been cancelled/postponed because of the weather - the roads are lethal and the final one up a very steep hill is totally impassable!

Watch this space!

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:11 pm

I'm getting my moneysworth out of this icon this morning!

Return to Beverages