Register

CHATTERBOX

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Re: Chatterbox

Postby Puss-in-boots » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Hi all.

Renee, it will be lovely to have your GD there with you and do some cooking. A lovely experience for her and some quality time together also. I do wish her all the very best on joining the Army, a hard job for all but I would imagine very rewarding. Good on her.

Hope you all have a great weekend and..

Happy Easter to you all. xxx

Postby Uschi » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:26 pm

And the same to you PiB and everybody else.

Postby Renée » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi Joan,

My grandfather was in the RAMC and this is going back to the First World War. I'll suggest that to Charlotte. She's a very kind and caring girl, too.

No, I didn't see Our Girl on Sunday. I should be able to catch up with it on iPlayer.

How lovely that your daughter and grandchildren will be staying with you. It must be so hard for them and both of you, too, being so far away from them. I hope that you'll have lovely weather for their stay.

I'll pass on your good wishes. Thanks.

Hi Puss,

Yes, we'll be having a lovely time together.

Charlotte does plenty of cooking at home and is very capable now. She tells me to go and sit down. I sometimes think that she is still a little girl!!

Thank you for your good wishes, too!

I hope that you all have a very Happy Easter!

Thanks for the lovely picture, Uschi!

Postby Joanbunting » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:35 pm

Just a very quick one.

Family arrived a few hours ago and to my "horror" Grandaughter (12) is now taller than me! Haven't seen them since last August. How they grow up but right now I am the happiest granny in the world!

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:38 pm

If you stand a couple of feet in front of her when posing for family photos, it will give the impression that she is still smaller than you, Joan. Or wear higher heels....

Postby calabash » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:26 pm

Uschi - I love the eggs with spigots :lol:

Enjoy your family over Easter Joan, and yes, they do grow like weeds - suddenly you are looking up at them.

Yay! Landscapers have just arrived - everything will be mowed and manicured for tomorrow!!

Postby Uschi » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:38 am

The "spiritual" hamsters were last year's effort.

Here comes this year's model. Hamsters all at sea ... ;) ;) ;)

Have a super Easter everyone!!!!

Postby jeral » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:59 pm

On photos, my mum had to stand on the step above so that her head was aligned for the picture (being only a shot waist up rather than full length). Apparently in films they'd stand peeps on boxes - or use the foreshortening technique Sakkarin describes which led to a pic of me on a settee showing me to have the longest legs ever, but also the biggest feet ever Doh! :lol:

Uschi - what about one of your hamsters parachuting down from the London Eye? Not sure how easy that is to depict though. I had two tiny Russian hamsters who'd run together alongside in the same wheel, togetherness at its best, all say Ahhh...

Happy choc munching everyone.

Postby Uschi » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:16 pm

Thanks for the suggestion! I am sure it will come to parachuting rodents at some point.
Mind you, they've had fun at the fair already. I think your two might have enjoyed this, too.

Postby Puss-in-boots » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:34 pm

Afternoon folks,

A very Happy Easter to you all. Been quite busy today, meant to pop in this morning but logged out and switched off. :roll:

Had a nice brisk walk this morning in the lovely (but cold) sunshine.

Looking forward to my Leg of Lamb later. :yum

Sakks, if you should have a co-op near you go in. I bought a bottle of Chateauneuf-Du-Pape 2008 this morning for a mere 7 quid, bargain. Wasn't looking for any particular wine just a nice red to go with dinner so was a very happy Easter Bunny when I stumbled upon that. I don't drink red but will have a tiny bit to toast the dinner later and am sure OH will polish off the rest... :roll: :lol:

Hope you are all having a nice relaxing day. xxx

Postby jeral » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:37 pm

My hamsters would probably have loved that :) It'd also have saved me from devoting half a room to them despite growing no bigger than would sit in the palm of my hands (I have a photo somewhere) but apparently (I subsequently learned) Russian ones run for miles at night so the expensive but inappropriate set-up had to be replaced...

Anyway, we're palindromic today in the UK 31.3.13. April Fool's morning looming - I wonder what we'll wake up to? In my upbringing it stops at noon, the afternoon being Legging Down Day :shock: Be afraid, be very afraid :twisted:

PS to Puss-in-boots, yer should have gone retro and bought some Matteus Rose. The cost of elec means we could all go back to sticking candles in the empties ;)

Postby Puss-in-boots » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:49 pm

Never thought of a Matteus. I like retro stuff. I would be quite happy to have candles in bottles. :D

What on earth is Legging Down Day? Google just says it is leggings and mis-guided leggings... :?

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:18 pm

Uschi, I am loving your Easter hamster pictures, they are very cute :clap

Postby jeral » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

@ Puss-in-boots: Legging down meant trying to trip someone up by putting your own foot in the way of someone walking; the intention wasn't really to succeed, more that a potential "target" knows to have their wits about them and be on guard at all times whilst of course potentially targeting another...

My son thought I was playing an early April Fool by telling him that the clocks were going forward last night when he arrived home around 1-ish. I'm not sure whether I should be gratified or not when his friend said he should have more faith in his mum since he only said that after checking it out on his mobile internet connection. Hey ho.

Postby Uschi » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:35 pm

Thank you!
Jeral, I can't keep rodents in cages, either, but after a mouse and a hamster both (at different times) met an untimely death involving doors, I don't keep any pets anymore.

Postby Puss-in-boots » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:08 pm

uschi, I don't know how I missed that picture it looks absolutely wonderful. When I were a lass I used to play on this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

It was very scary but brilliant. This was in the play park at Llantwit rugby field.

jeral I know what you mean about kids not believing/listening to you, mine do it all the time and just say ah well when they know they are wrong... :roll:

Thanks for the explanation re: the Leggins down... :o :lol: :thumbsup

Isn't it wonderful, 7.10pm and it is still light. :D

Postby Uschi » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:25 pm

PiB, I can't see the picture. Is it a swing ride???

Postby Puss-in-boots » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:31 pm

Yes uschi, it is a swing ride and very lovely it is too. It is what we used to call 'The Witches Hat'! :mrgreen:

We used to sit on the bottom of it where there were planks of wood, about where the bottom of the baskets are on your picture.

Postby Uschi » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:00 pm

I haven't been on one for ages. I want to go to the Easter fair tomorrow. Not to go on fairground rides, but to snap a few pictures. It's too hazy tonight but I am hoping for better weather tomorrow.

Postby Puss-in-boots » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Morning all.

Hope you manage to get some picture's of the fair today uschi. :thumbsup

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox