Register

CHATTERBOX

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Re: Chatterbox

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:25 pm

Just thought I would let you know that I have got some temporary work which is ongoing and could go permanent if all goes well. :crossed. I am a very happy bunny today and we will be celebrating with some springtime pasta with a pork steak and a small glass of vino bianco (well for me anyway! :wino ).

Postby Puss-in-boots » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:40 pm

Well done clare, will keep everything possible to cross, crossed for you. Hope you enjoy your evening, your dinner sounds wonderful. You go for it girl! :thumbsup :wino

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:10 pm

Thanks Puss

I think I am organised now. Today has been a busy one! Oh, and dinner was lovely thanks.

Postby Renée » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:35 pm

That's such good news, Clare! You well deserve to celebrate with a glass or two of vino bianco!

Postby Joanbunting » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:48 pm

Well done Clare - very best wishes for the future. You clearly deserve the :wino - Oh dear that's red isn't it.

Perhaps we could have a celebratory glass of bubbly sort of smiley???

Postby Puss-in-boots » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:59 pm

How about this one?

Or this one

Postby Chihuahuasrule » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:11 pm

(My theory is he's just trying to keep warm coz somebody shaved him while he wasn't looking...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4602912425132[/i][/i])]

I just have to stand up for these little dogs. They are proper dogs and not accessories. We have had them for over 30 years and they are great fun and fantastic guard dogs. We are on our 6th and 7th and like people, they are all different.
It's the owners who make fools of them. Unfortunately there are some very strange dogs going under the label of 'chihuahua' and that facebook example is exactly what I mean.

If I could work it out, I would post a pic of my latest pair, Tilly and Zia.

Please give them a chance, they are not all 'horrid little dogs' !!

Jean T

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:33 pm

But they still can't dance quite as well as Golden Retrievers!

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:57 pm

thank you Renee and joan for your good wishes.

My first day went reasonably OK. there were a few little glitches which I have learnt from, mainly due to first day nerves and trying to remember my rusty customer service skills (which were a bit scant anyway!)

One of my colleagues thought I was doing well though!

Postby Puss-in-boots » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:59 pm

Well Clare, if there were only a few glitches and first day nerves I think you will get to grips with it a lot sooner than you think. Well done again and best of luck.

I am sure you will nail it. :thumbsup

Postby Renée » Wed May 01, 2013 9:50 am

Very well done, Clare! The first few days must always be the worst.

Keep us updated, please!

Postby Uschi » Wed May 01, 2013 10:15 am

A bit late on parade, but belated congratulations from me, Clare!!! :newhuggy

CR, I may call my neighbour's three little Yorkies "Teppichbürsten" (carpetbrushes), but they are lovely little things and not yappy at all. OK, Benny will let out his signature double yap when he leaves the door, but that's about it.

The poor German shepherd up the road who's being left alone in the garden for hours on end goes on my nerves much more with its incessant barking. Why do people have dogs when they don't have the time for them??? :evil:

Postby jeral » Fri May 03, 2013 4:41 pm

An extremely minor long-term mystery solved:
I have an implement (charity shop) only 3.5" long, like a fat knitting needle, at the end having a ditch and finally a bobble. I thought it must be for holding loops or some such so it's in my sewing box. Anyway, I've just learned that it's a pastry dowel. Used for pushing delicate pastry/marzipan out of small cutters or gently pushing pastry into mini tins. Glad to hear it actually as I've never yet found a sewing use for it :lol:

Beat that for a non-post ;)

Postby Uschi » Fri May 03, 2013 6:12 pm

You can also use it to smooth something like plasticine or Fimo over.

Postby Joanbunting » Fri May 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Uschi wrote:A bit late on parade, but belated congratulations from me, Clare!!! :newhuggy

CR, I may call my neighbour's three little Yorkies "Teppichbürsten" (carpetbrushes), but they are lovely little things and not yappy at all. OK, Benny will let out his signature double yap when he leaves the door, but that's about it.

The poor German shepherd up the road who's being left alone in the garden for hours on end goes on my nerves much more with its incessant barking. Why do people have dogs when they don't have the time for them??? :evil:

I had a Yorkie when I was a teenager and loved him to bits but he was the most annoying thing in the world.

We have real problems with hunting dogs who terrorise our cats - well they don't really, they stand up to them and therefore create a huge noise/fuss.

Postby Minnesota Maven » Sun May 05, 2013 11:02 pm

Hurrah Clare, best of luck :!: :!:
It was a long, long haul for me too....
B.C., lose job because of B.C., @%$% lawsuit(which I won), 2+ years of school & a 8 month job search......
But TAA-DAA, I started my new job last Monday 4/29 8-)
Had to spend last week at the company HQ in Outstate (meaning small town) Minnesota training for the new job......
Fortunately, my office is in downtown Minneapolis :thumbsup :thumbsup & includes a parking pass. So I can drive, bus or take the light rail(& walk 4-5 blocks) to work....
Small town MN, talk about bad/fast food :shock: My "system" is just recovering now....... :oops:

Postby Joanbunting » Mon May 06, 2013 2:52 pm

Best of luck to you too MM.

I guess it might be packed lunches from now on in?

Postby Puss-in-boots » Mon May 06, 2013 10:11 pm

Evening all

What a fabulous bank holiday we have had. I am a little on the Lobster side as is OH but not complaining as its nice to have this fab weather.

MM, good luck in the new job. :thumbsup

How are you doing clare?

Postby Minnesota Maven » Tue May 07, 2013 2:19 am

Glad y'all had a good weekend.. :thumbsup
Job is in the Warehouse District (revamped , oh so cool, 19th century warehouses). Land of the coolest of young dudes & dudettes 8-) :lol: Restaurants of every stripe, in every direction.
Therefore........yes, I'm packing a lunch :roll:

Postby Renée » Tue May 07, 2013 9:17 am

Great news about your new job, MM! I took sardine and lettuce sandwiches to work every day when I had my first job. Mum made them, though and that's what I liked! I used to sit in the park in St. Annes-on-Sea and enjoy them. It was a long hot summer that year. Yes, it was a very long time ago!!!!

Yes, it's been a glorious Bank Holiday weekend and I looked a bit lobster-like last night, after spending quite a bit of time putting new plants in the garden.

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox