Register

Quick, easy and yummy

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Use "Food Chat + Chatterbox" for the most recent threads and the Chatterbox.

Quick, easy and yummy

Postby Joanbunting » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:55 pm

I know only too well that, as :tiptoesanta approaches we need the ammunition of some really good quick but fantastic tasty recipes.

On Sunday I made a cake/dessert that was unbelievable delicious but very easy. As it is a French recipe I'll summarise.

Chocolate and Chestnut cake (in French a Molleux). You need one of those 500g tins of sweetened chestnut purée. 100g 70% chocolate, 150g unsalted butter, and 4 eggs.

Butter and line a 22cm cake tin. Melt the butter and chocolate in a bain marie and then remove from the heat and stir in the marron purée. Separate the eggs and stir into the chocolate mix then whisk the eggs (not too stiffly) and fold a little into the mix then add the rest.

Pour into the tin and cook in a preheated oven 180C - 170c fan and cook for 40-45 minutes until risen but not completely firm. Cool completely before unmoulding.

It is very rich but keeps for 3 or 4 days as it is so moist. I served it with thick creme fraiche but M said vanilla ice-cream would be equally good or a creme anglaise

Return to Sakkarin's Rescue Mission