Register

Place to hide in the garden

Just testing

Place to hide in the garden

Postby hungryhousewife » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Do any of you have a little place where you can sit in peace? Somewhere where no one will think to find you?

A couple of years ago we built a little summer house in the garden with some leftover windows and bits of wood that we had saved from our extension. It makes a real sanctuary and I often just go and sit and read a book with a cup of coffee and my dog - to catch my breath before the day begins!

I think a shed or even a bench - out of everyone's sight, is an essential part of a garden. Where do you go when you need a bit of peace and quiet?

HH

Re: Place to hide in the garden

Postby Joanbunting » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Think you know that the garden adjoining our house is just a little courtyard and above that we have a balcony. M disappears to the vegetable garden with his MP3 player which leaves me in a peaceful house !

I had considered a hammock in the orchard but having failed miserably to get into one on our trip I went off the idea.

Postby Global_Worming » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:33 pm

My winter hiding place is the shed or dog house, I insulated it and put double glazed windows in on two sides so its warmer than the house. I bought a hammock and frame from asda for £20 that I sleep in when I'm naughty.The big problem is Max who farts for England.
The second pic is the summers hiding place.

Postby hungryhousewife » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:47 pm

It looks lovely GW! Poor Max! What does he say about you?? :lol: :lol:

When it stops raining, I'll take a piccie of my little haven! (don't hold your breath!!)

HH

Return to Gardener's World Rescue Board