Register

Where did Tuesday go??

The place to make suggestions about the Board

Where did Tuesday go??

Postby Joanbunting » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:10 am

Morning Sakkarin et al.

I am beginning to think I may finally be classed as among the confused elderly or am I correct in assuming that all yesterday's posts have vanished?

Site Admin

Re: Where did Tuesday go??

Postby Sakkarin » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:13 am

I am afraid there was a crash of some description at my service provider's end (Heart Internet), and it looks as the repair has reverted to an earlier version. I am sorry about the loss of some messages from Tuesday, there will be nothing I can do about it, as my last back up was Monday evening. I couldn't even get online to warn people about the problems :-(

Here's my email to Heart, and their reply:

FROM ME YESTERDAY AFTERNOON:
Hi, I'm still having problems, and in particular my forum page (index.php) is
now showing the following message:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './web88@002da@002dforum@002d16/phpbb_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be
repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

REPLY FROM HEART INTERNET:
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I have ran a repair table for you and this should now resolve the issue. If you need any further assistance at all please do not hesitate to get back to us.

mysql> repair table phpbb_sessions;
+---------------------------------+--------+----------+----------+
| Table | Op | Msg_type | Msg_text |
| web88-a-forum-16.phpbb_sessions | repair | status | OK |
1 row in set (2.51 sec)

Postby Joanbunting » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:19 am

Hi Sakkarin

Phew - not just me then :D :D

Thanks for doing your best to keep everyone in the picture. It is not as if we have lost the Lindisfarne Gospels after all.

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:38 pm

I see it's still having problems. Latest from the service provider:

Tue, 10 Jul 2012 21:24:16 +0100
We are currently having adverse performance on this server, and are investigating the causes.
We expect to have it back to normal operation soon, and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

*Update* 01:40
The current issue is solely related to MySQL on the server, this service will be unavailable whilst we conduct essential maintenance.

*Update* 03:45
The MySQL service is now running on the server but several databases may not be accessible. We will be conducting work on this again at 6am.

*Update* 06:50
The MySQL work has now completed. Due to complications with the file system and corruption within MySQL - databases have been restored from backups taken on Tuesday morning at 4am. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Return to Board Issues