Register

Scandimania

What do you think about the food programmes being broadcast?

Scandimania

Postby Alison Wright » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:07 pm

"HFW explores the gastronomy & innovative restaurant scene of Scandinavia"

Three-parter starting tonight - Channel4 8:00-9:00pm

http://www.rivercottage.net/about/latest-news/

Re: Scandimania

Postby Renée » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:27 pm

Drat! I've only just seen this, Alison, but can catch up online.

I love Scandinavian food, so look forward to watching it.

I really should look in here more often, because you're doing such a great job of letting us know about programmes. Many thanks!

Postby mark111757 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:16 am

ok here is a look at it from the states....

the foodie stuff is fascinating....i loved the scene in the state owned liquor store....reminded me of the LCBO stores in the canadian province of Ontario...

some recipes would have been nice....have not seen any listed on the ch 4 website

then it seems to slide into politics and the political side and i go back to my recipe or book or whatever....to me i keep hearing why cant the UK be more like scandinavia (when i was in school, as day or two ago admittedly) i thought that finland was a part of that too).....

this part of the show drags it down to a crawl....

if i was rating it, marks out of 10, 8 for the foodie stuff and 2 or 3 for politics....

that is my 2 cents anyway

Postby Suelle » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:54 am

I enjoyed the show from Denmark, but I'd have branded it a travel or 'lifestyle' programme rather than a food one. Having Hugh F-W as a presenter obviously made it easier to include a few food elements, as the chefs he visited were called his personal friends, but it was a small part of the programme really.

The innovative architecture (which showed you can get people into high rise blocks without compromising their standards of living) and handling of renewable energy were the most interesting parts of the Danish programme.
The blog which does what it says on the tin:

http://mainlybaking.blogspot.co.uk/

Postby mark111757 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:28 am

watched all 3 parts and on a thumbs up/down rating, i would give it a thumbs in the middle....the food stuff was good and that got a thumbs up but the politics turned it right into a thumbs down.....

all i can say is HFW, stay with food....

Return to TV & Radio