Register

food and drink

What do you think about the food programmes being broadcast?

food and drink

Postby mark111757 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:34 pm

from bbc good food....10 part series to start in january on bbc2.................

including Tom
Kerridge, Ken
Hom, Angela
Hartnett
and Richard
Corrigan

Re: food and drink

Postby Stokey Sue » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:09 pm

It’s a repeat

i found it very disappointing

They are billing it as series 23

Previous series have varied a bit but have all been magazine programmes, with a bit of variety to them

This is based on the premise that however stellar the guest, their purpose is to be patronised by Michel Roux and not allowed to cook, and for Michel Roux to show how out of touch he is with home cooking

For example, they had Jun Tanaka on because he had won a prize for cooking burgers. So he was made to sit there and do nothing while MR cooked a duck burger, during which he said blithely "you can get your butcher to mince the duck for you"

Not if you use any butcher other than the ones that supply Michelin star restaurants you can't. First, most UK butchers only stock duck at Christmas and Easter, second they won't put poultry through the mincer as they'd have to dismantle it and sanitise it

Postby jeral » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:55 pm

mark111757, you must let us know what you think of it, as you'll be judging it in terms of other programmes on US TV as well as just UK ones.

On the whole, I agree generally with Stokey Sue's comments about Michel Roux Jnr including that his guests are treated as wallpaper - very odd. I'd love to hear Michel say he doesn't like a wine choice, but I won't hold my breath ;)

Postby mark111757 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:49 pm

morning jeral...

would be glad to offer some thoughts....to be honest, i dont watch much tv over here as far as cooking shows, as i dont have cable.....food network stuff and/.or cooking channel....do not have access too....the last thing i saw was restaurant redemotion from cooking channel...a female version of kitchen nightmares...considering the hostess, i was hoping for more cooking stuff/recipe info....disappointed....

i was surprised to see the programme info listed in good food magazine....was not looking for it. just stumbled upon it

Return to TV & Radio