Register

hairy bikers asian adventure

What do you think about the food programmes being broadcast?

hairy bikers asian adventure

Postby mark111757 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:30 pm

in the new bbc good food there is a small blurb about this....6 part series to start in january...is this new???

Re: hairy bikers asian adventure

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:54 pm

Hi Mark

Yes it is, although it won't be starting in the UK until February 13th. I was listening to a radio interview with Dave Myers whilst driving home this week when he mentioned it. the broadcasting dates of foodie programmes that are mentioned in Good Food are always a bit hit and miss. It's probably due to their deadlines not matching up with scheduling timetables. I am looking forward to this series, even if it's just for the travelogue aspect of it. Unlike a lot of people on here, me and Mr Strictly do have a soft spot for the Bikers, Mr Myers dancing non-ability excepting (he took part in our equivalent of Dancing with the Stars and was awful!

Postby mark111757 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:01 pm

hi SSC

i too enjoy the hairy bikers....tho 99 percent of their stuff will never see the light of day on TV over here which is sad as some of there stuff is light years ahead what is shown on food network here in the states...i look forward to its arrival

Postby Alison Wright » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:41 am

Mark, you'll be pleased to know it starts on Thursday 13th - BBC2 8:00-9:00pm
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-02- ... g-and-food

Postby Renée » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:07 am

It's a great programme and you'll love it, Mark! Let us know what you think.

Postby mark111757 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:23 am

hey all...am enjoying it alot.....cooking and travel, a nice mix....i love all the street food places....sure wish we had something like that over here...

loved the brief appearance of alvin leung in the first epi....he is one of the judges in masterchef canada and i think he is great...absolutely NO nonsense....i think he also put in a guest spot in the series around the world in 80 plates....i understand he can be a real bastard to work for, kinda like gordon but he sets the bar high as fas as food.....

the series of the HB reminds me of theGB cookbook (i think) when they were inasia and si busted up his ankle....

i am liking it and the food looked incredible.....at least we have places on line where we can order food stuff not available locally

cant wait for more to be sure

Return to TV & Radio