Register

Sunday Brunch

What do you think about the food programmes being broadcast?

Sunday Brunch

Postby lesleylove » Tue May 01, 2012 11:00 am

Hi guys. Good to be here! Is anyone watching Sunday Brunch on Channel 4? SFTW was ditched by the BBC and swapped over to C4, even looks like the same set! I really enjoy the banter between Simon and Tim - and Simon's food always looks amazing. :D

Re: Sunday Brunch

Postby Tatihou » Tue May 01, 2012 1:07 pm

I've always liked Simon Rimmer's recipes. I've made quite a few over the past few years, have been very pleased with them, and have adapted one or two to make even better dishes. :D

I'm perfectly happy to watch him on SB but I don't like him much as a "general" presenter - he's too reliant on Dim... tends to follow Dim's lead. Which is quite possibly the problem as there often isn't "a lead" and if there is, it tends to be laddish if not outright sexist.

ETA: Of course, it goes without saying that Rimmer presenting on a bad day is still far ahead of James Martin on his best day!

Postby Frillz » Tue May 01, 2012 8:37 pm

I'm watching.

It's the same set because it's still made by the same outside production company - although they've moved the kitchen around a little and revamped it (not keen on the graffiti backdrop though)

I like Simon and find him a better presenter than Tim. He has the ability to listen to the guest and make intellingent conversation. Tim either carries on with his own stream of consciousness, or fails to pick up on points.

It doesn't suit everyone, but as a football fan, I like the banter and rivalry.
Tim strikes me as sexist in such an outdated way that it doesn't bother me one jot. As soon as he's in the company of an intelligent woman he's on the back foot and then some :)
Longtime lapsed BBC Food Board contributer

Postby Breadandwine » Tue May 01, 2012 9:28 pm

Frillz wrote:I'm watching.

It's the same set because it's still made by the same outside production company - although they've moved the kitchen around a little and revamped it (not keen on the graffiti backdrop though)

I like Simon and find him a better presenter than Tim. He has the ability to listen to the guest and make intellingent conversation. Tim either carries on with his own stream of consciousness, or fails to pick up on points.

It doesn't suit everyone, but as a football fan, I like the banter and rivalry.
Tim strikes me as sexist in such an outdated way that it doesn't bother me one jot. As soon as he's in the company of an intelligent woman he's on the back foot and then some :)

Hi Frillz

I thought at first reading, you said, "I'm watching" :)

But after I read your last sentence, I realised you meant, "I'm watching" :evil:

:lol: :lol:
Now that you've discovered that making your own bread is easier than you thought, what else is there that isn't so difficult when you actually have a go? Like making your own pasta without a machine, for instance!

http://nobreadisanisland.blogspot.com/

Postby Wokman » Mon May 07, 2012 12:15 pm

I don't like this new version of Something for the Weekend. The video clips spoil the continuity of the programme, it's a bit like watching MTV.

I tnink they spend too much time talking to the guest when they are cooking and then have to appologise about not telling us what was in the dish and then just say "if you want the recipe, visit our website".

Return to TV & Radio