Register

CHATTERBOX

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

CHATTERBOX

Postby Puss-in-boots » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi all, I suggested to Sakkarin about having chatterbox here on the main food page so members would be able to find it. This is the new chatterbox and we will see how it goes.

So chat away... :D

Re: Chatterbox

Postby Renée » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:54 pm

Great idea, Puss, but I've nothing to say at the moment!

I've just made Nigel Slater's delicious bread, made with rye flour, spelt, white, parmesan, walnuts and honey. It's so delicious. I meant to put caraway seeds in, but forgot.

Postby Puss-in-boots » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:08 pm

Renee, I am shouting at the TV at the moment... :lol:

The bread sounds delish, could just eat some of that now. :yum

They have just opened a new M&S, Gap and a couple of others at the retail park so am going to mowzee on over there in the week and have a look.

I just hope we don't get the dreaded Image otherwise I won't be going.

Postby Wokman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Wales 26 Italy 9, what a great result :clap

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Apropos of nothing:

Postby Wokman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:38 pm

:lol: :lol: nice clip.

Postby Renée » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:47 pm

Absolutely brilliant, Sakks! :lol:

Puss, I've had some nice clothes from GAP in Manchester, but the outlet store near to me, just seemed to have t-shirts and sweat shirts. The M&S should be good. Meself, I like TKMaxx/Homesense in the kitchen department. I really must keep out of there!

Postby Puss-in-boots » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:11 pm

Gap do some nice clothes don't they Renee, I know I have had some good stuff from there in the past. I haven't been in there for sometime as there wasn't one here before but will definitely have a look in there as well as the new M&S. We have always had one but never bothered much as it was in the town center but will be able to walk to this one... :thumbsup

Postby AZCook » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:18 pm

Much better on the main page :D
Thanks!

Postby calabash » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:31 pm

Good idea to put it here, my iMac has slowed down to the point that switching pages results in the spinning beach ball of death for minutes on end. After discovering last week that I couldn't install CS5 on my home computer and I had to go into work last weekend, I finally gave up waiting for the new iMacs to arrive here and ordered one off Amazon.

In the meantime there is no point in trying to watch the video Sakkarin posted, endless spinning ball will ensue.

We have an M&S here, but not a great range of stuff, the food section is the best part.

Postby Happy Violas » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:00 am

I've been to the M&S in Bermuda - even took a photo to prove to my mother that I'd been there! M&S is my saviour at the moment ... living off microwave meals as the kitchen is no more and what with lots of consequences of having builders in preparing food has become too difficult. M&S has the BEST range of microwave veggie food ..... so much better than the usual veggie lasagne and other pasta dishes with an insipid sauce on the top that all taste the same and available in other supermarkets.....

Postby calabash » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:31 am

When were you here HV?

Postby Uschi » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:13 am

Aaah, a new Schnatterbox! Great!!! :clap :clap :clap

Postby Puss-in-boots » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 am

Morning, I see/ hear Oscar Pistoriuos' brother is up on a murder charge.. :?

Freezing here today but no snow or frost thank goodness. OH and SIL are still in bed...lazy beggars. Nice that the mornings and evenings are getting lighter. Could it be that spring is on its way...slowly. :limbobanana

I don't know why but I love M&S foodhall. There are two in Cardiff, one in the city center and one by the train station. The one by the train station sells food only, love going in there and just mooching at all the lovely food.

Postby Happy Violas » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi Calabash, I was there on holiday in I think 2007 ... weekend in New York then 2 weeks in Bermuda and we loved it. We went everywhere by bus which meant we had a good view of everything. The only time we got frustrated was when the cruise ship came in and it felt like there was an invasion! Lovely place :D :D

Postby Puss-in-boots » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:29 pm

Afternoon CBers, tis freezing here. Warming up now though. Image Oh just said it was a wet cold... :?

Hope you all had a good weekend. SIL stayed on Saturday and we had a bit of a late night so was in bed by 9.30pm last night and slept till 7.30 this morning... :o

Having a chicken dinner tonight and looking forward to it. I will do mash instead of roasties this time. :yum

Postby Happy Violas » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:10 pm

Good evening! I'm off to visit a relative in hospital :( but on the way back I go right by the door of an enormous M&S so will be choosing microwave meals for the next few days :thumbsup One week without a kitchen and I'm lost. 2 more weeks and hopefully I'll be back cooking :klingonbanana :klingonbanana :klingonbanana

Postby Wokman » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:13 pm

I hope you get your kitchen back soon, there is nothing worse than no kitchen as I remember building ours at our old house.

Postby Puss-in-boots » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:22 pm

I hope you get your kitchen back soon too Happy Violas there is nothing worse is there!? M&S do a lovely range don't they. My mum at present is having a new kitchen fitted at the ripe old age of 82 and its completely stripped with everything in the dining room. She has now fallen and broken her wrist... :roll: but that was whilst going to the shops with my sister, nothing to do with the kitchen thankfully.

OH wants me to go on the chase.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Postby juliana50 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:54 pm

Oh Puss-in-Boots, is that The Chase on ITV? That would be fantastic. I love that programme! Your hubby must believe you could do well. Might you seriously consider it?

Next

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox