Register

It's National Chocolate Week!

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

It's National Chocolate Week!

Postby Alison Wright » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Oct 8th - 14th
Call me daft, but I often like to join in on these food awareness days/weeks.
http://www.housetohome.co.uk/articles/n ... l?subslug=

So who needs an excuse to eat chocolate? :thumbsup

I'm going to make a recipe I've had saved for ages & never got around to - Chocolate Florentines. http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/277 ... rentines-1
If they turn out well - half will go to my Mum, & the rest to our lovely elderly neighbour who's just out of hospital after a hip replacement.

Anyone care to join me?

I'll have my choc fix at the weekend when OH gets back, I'm making frozen lemon soufflé in a choclate shell - I last made in the early eighties! :roll:

Re: It's National Chocolate Week!

Postby Wokman » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Strangely enough I never used to like chocolate, even as a young child I didn't eat sweets or chocolate but since I had my operation I have been eating chocolate. I couldn't eat a bar of chocolate as such, but I have started eating chocolate coated bars such as Toffee Crisp and Crunchie.

Postby jeral » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Simon Rimmer just made some home-made cinder toffee honeycomb on TV (Sunday Brunch Ch.4, 7 Oct); Nigella made some which I recall was controversial by quantity. This recipe is good: http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/7425/hon ... syrup.aspx Lidl's 70% dark chocolate is good and not stupidly expensive.

A cup of cocoa (not drinking chocolate) anyone? What's the advantage of adding marshmallows pls? (Can get mini-mallows in supermarket.)

Postby Joanbunting » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:24 pm

I used to be a complete chocoholic but these days I can't cope, apart of course from a square or two of Lindt Chilli chocolate or Hotel Chocolate chilli praline.

I daren't have too much chocolate in the house because M would just eat the lot in one go.

However for those of you who can and do - ENJOY :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Postby Happy Violas » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:38 pm

Hotel Chocolat and Lindt make the best chocolate for me, no question. Lindt used to make chocolates in their shop at Zurich Airport .... I spent ages sampling the freebies whilst my colleagues were ripped off in the bar. These days I make do with Hotel Chocolat samples when I go to treat myself in their shops. Totally yummy! :thumbsup

Postby Renée » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:58 pm

I never have chocolates in the house, but I did buy a bar of 70% a couple of weeks ago and finished it off last night.

There is a Hotel Chocolat place at the Trafford Centre in Manchester and I bought a pack of some chocolates which were on offer and they were so good!

I won't be buying any more, but enjoy National Chocolate week to those who do!

Postby karadekoolaid » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:34 am

Venezuelan chocolate has really come into its own over the past few years, and I'm fortunate enough to have sampled some really spectacular stuff here. Chuao, Carenero, Rio Caribe, Porcelana, to mention but a few, are delightful - and different.
If you fnd some on your culinary travels, buy it!

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox