Register

Hi, Nice to be here! -- Doughballs

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Re: Hi, Nice to be here! -- Doughballs

Postby Global_Worming » Thu May 03, 2012 9:14 am

les mains wrote:
Global_Worming wrote:Lemmy its really funny that the behind the scene scuttle seems to be about us and when we will sign up using different IPs, as if :shock: Sunday lunch is Shep/pie made with Quorn :lol:

:roll: :lol: I suspect that most of what's happening over there is behind the scenes. Weird or what? I just lurve Sunday lunch of shep pie with Quorn, as long as there is no Marmite ;)
Header, If things dont look quite right with the forums.
Answer Don't worry :lol:

Oh, picked up a nice bit of boned English lamb shoulder from Sainsbury's today at a good price. Keep your eyes open...the mainstream price for lamb seems to have gone ballistic even at Iceland. Not much NZ around -- is it being diverted to the Pacific Rim again? :(
Mate your heads up for pork shoulder from Morrison is different here £2.11 a kg.
I'm visiting this morning to fill the car (£1.37 a ltr) and get my £5 voucher which will be used to buy 5kgs for the bbq when the weather improves.
As you know I live in the land of the sheep shearers so I still have about half a sept lamb in the freezer. I think the kiwi's are not sending it because of Le Pule and Teacosy .

Les Mains

Postby Les Mains » Thu May 03, 2012 10:15 am

GW -- £2.11 is "pretty amazing" (which famous person once said that of someone?). I might buy a load to make sausages...which reminds me that I still haven't bought my Kenwood since moving off the boat into a house.

Postby Global_Worming » Thu May 03, 2012 5:23 pm

LM I got the pork it was £2.22 a kg.
Who said "pretty amazing" was It Jeremy Hunt about Dandelion Murdoch

Les Mains

Postby Les Mains » Thu May 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Global_Worming wrote:LM I got the pork it was £2.22 a kg.
Who said "pretty amazing" was It Jeremy Hunt about Dandelion Murdoch

Well done on the pork! I couldn't get down to Morrison's today, I was too busy on the roof (don't ask). As for "pretty amazing" it might have been. More famously it was said of the heir apparent to the throne by the then fiancée of said heir apparent.

Anthony Carthew (ITN): And, I suppose, in love?
Lady Diana Spencer: Of course!
Charles, Prince of Wales: Whatever 'in love' means

Nul points, old bean, it wasn't destined to be a good match from the outset. Mind you, I've no idea what that's got to do with pork or doughballs, sorry for the digression.

Let me know what you think of the pork. Mine crackled really well and the dinner was only let down by my laziness in using bottled apple sauce.

Postby Global_Worming » Sat May 05, 2012 7:52 am

The meat is very good.I kept one piece out of the freezer for last night.
I cubed it and used a third to make my version of paprikash the rest is vacked and in the freezer.

Brown the cubed pork, remove from pan, fry lots of sliced onions peppers and garlic in the oil, add paprika powder to taste and fry.
Return the pork add a little chicken stock and braise till tender, add a pot of sour cream.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox