Register

Spanish Sherry: Which is your type ?

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Re: Spanish Sherry: Which is your type ?

Postby Alexandria » Fri May 18, 2018 10:09 pm

Sue,

We all have different tastes, however, I am very fond of Lustau for this genre of wines & brandies .. :thumbsup

Our family orders it from the winery directly and we split the case .. :clap :clap :clap

Have a nice weekend .. :wave :wave
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Lusciouslush » Sat May 19, 2018 7:09 pm

Stokey Sue wrote:I've been meaning to try this prune and PX recipe Dena posted a long time ago, trouble is most of my possible guinea pigs hate prunes :(

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2141&p=25127&hilit=Prune+sherry#p25127

I've made it quite a few times Sue & it is absolutely delicious - if you don't say there are prunes in it, most people won't recognise them - do it in stages & freeze - far less labour intensive.

It became one of Our Dena's signature dishes..........in fact now would be a good time to make it again - it is two years, can you believe, since Dena's passing.

Postby Badger's Mate » Sun May 20, 2018 9:56 am

Lustau wines are sold in both Sainsbury and Waitrose

We've had the East India blend from 'How Much?' (How Waitrose is referred to in this house). I believe Mrs B prefers her PX unblended, although she quite likes it poured over ice cream.

Postby Alexandria » Sun May 20, 2018 11:23 am

Badger Mate, :thumbsup :thumbsup

It is very common in Andalusia and upscale Spanish Restaurants in all major cities and Hotels, to serve Pedro Ximénez as a cordial after dinner with cheesecake or icecream or gelato .. And to use as a sauce for Foie Gras de Canard.

It is nice but a bit heavy on the sweet-tooth for me ! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the feedback and have a lovely day ..

Have a lovely day .. :wave :wave :wave :wave
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox