Register

Robert Carrier's Pots au Chocolat

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Re: Robert Carrier's Pots au Chocolat

Postby scullion » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:32 pm

silly me! i didn't realise that box 'moved' so this is the copy and paste from there -

PETITE POTS All CHOCOLATE. A L'ORANGE. (Serves 8). These are being featured in the Carrier Restaurant at the present time. Absolutely delicious. Ingredients: 8oz dark, bitter chocolate; 3 oranges (2 large and 1 medium sized). 2 oz butter. Grand Marnier or cognac, 4 eggs, separated. Method: Break chocolate into the top of a double saucepan. Finely grate the rinds of 2 large oranges; squeeze their juice and add both juice and rind to chocolate together with butter. Heat over simmering water, stirring occasionally, until chocolate has melted. Then remove from heat; add 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or cognac and beat until smooth. In a bowl beat egg yolks thoroughly. Strain in chocolate mixture through a fine sieved beating constantly. Cool. In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into chocolate mixture gently but thoroughly with a spatula. - Pour mixture into 8 individual pint) K pots or souffle dishes and chill until set. (Do not use metal pots as chocolate may discolour.) Just before serving: Cut 4 thin slices from the centre of remaining orange. Quarter e::ch slice and lay two quarters,, point to point, on top of each pot. pour over a teaspoonf ql of . Grand Marnier or cognac. Swirl pot around very gently so that entire surface is moistened. Serve immediately.

(hope it's ok to do that here - i'll remove it if it's not).

Postby Renée » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:12 pm

Yes, that's the recipe Scullion! Many, many thanks for your kindness!

Postby jeral » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:28 pm

Well found scullion :clap - and looks like it's worth finding Renée :)

My vegan visitors made one at Xmas from a Lindt packet mix they bought in Italy I think which was more like a blancmange I suppose but wonderfully chocolately. Of course, if I make your version Renée, I'll get to eat it all :evil:

Postby scullion » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:23 pm

my pleasure, i like a challenge!
it's very similar to a recipe that a friend made on a 'cooking for the freezer' course a few decades back (the only difference i can see is the addition of the zest, orange slices and grand marnier) and which i then used to make. if i were you i would try putting a couple of pots in the freezer to see if it can be used as an emergency chocolate hit.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox