Register

Renée: Speedy Recovery Wishes.

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Renée: Speedy Recovery Wishes.

Postby Alexandria » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:47 am

Dear Renée,

Just a tiny note to let you know that we are all wishing you a Speedy Recovery ..

All my best wishes are being sent .. :thumbsup :thumbsup :newhuggy
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Re: Renée: Speedy Recovery Wishes.

Postby Mamta » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:13 pm

Best wishes Renee, get well soon.

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:29 pm

Sorry to hear Renee is poorly. Get well soon, Renee :-(

Postby Stokey Sue » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:08 pm

Best wishes Renee!
Attachments
daffs.png
daffs.png (219.79 KiB) Viewed 4356 times

Postby jeral » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:16 pm

Has Renée suffered a setback? She said she'd recovered from her bug in January and blood pressure was being managed. I do hope all is well, especially as apparently the UK is due another cold snap at the weekend.

Postby Alexandria » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:20 pm

To All, :crossed :crossed :crossed :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

I had not seen Renée online for quite a few days and had written her a Private Message 3/3, asking her how she was ?

Her reply was: "My blood pressure was very high and I had been in hospital however, home now and recovering" ..

This was over the weekend ..

I am sure that she shall appreciate all these beautiful messages.

Thank you all for all your support and participation ..
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Renée » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:03 am

Oh, what a lovely surprise and the daffodils are beautiful, Sue. Thank you all so much for your kind wishes.
My BP shot up to 200 systolic, which is why I was in hospital, but more under control now with two medications instead of one. Fingers crossed that it remains stable and back to the gym tomorrow.

Postby jeral » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:12 am

Good to hear from you Renée. You'll have to insist that the gym gets a Whack-a-Mole machine so you can hammer your BP down if it rears its head whilst satisfyingly declaring "Gotcha!". Or could put thumbs in ears, waggle fingers and stick tongue out. Either should sort it 8-)

Take care.

Postby Renée » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:28 am

I really laughed at that, jeral and laughter is the best medicine, so they say!

Postby Gillthepainter » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi Renee.
It's a bit of a worry when the blood pressure sky rockets.
I needed a routine hospital procedure, and they were worried to put me under, as I was massively high on the monitor.

Well that will be because I hate hospitals, you see.

Came back down to normal as soon as I woke up - and I couldn't wait to get out of there, although they wanted to monitor me. No point, it was the hospital that was elevating the pressure.
They said they'd never seen a recovery quite as quick as mine. Too right! I was chowing down the biscuits, proving I wasn't dizzy as quick as I could within short while of waking.
On the phone to Tony a couple of hours later to come get me.

Hope your bp's good now.
Mine is ;)

Postby jeral » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:41 pm

Renée wrote:... laughter is the best medicine, so they say!

Yup, there's a slide (tutorial presentation) that espouses laughter specifically to help BP, either in front of the telly or with friends or a group. (Presumably the mutually exclusive principle that can't be relaxed and stressed at the same time.)

There's a cartoon somewhere of a nurse taking someone's BP saying "Well that's OK, we just need to figure out why your hand and wrist have gone purple..." That happened to me once when the nurse was called away for a few minutes. Oops. That was when I was about to donate blood, so at least the colour proved my blood wasn't neat alcohol, or alien green :shock: (I know I'm not an alien, or at least think I know, but the neat alcohol is less certain.)

Postby Alexandria » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:56 am

Renée,

Glad to see that you have received all your lovely messages ..

Yes, laughter and a smile are the best medicines ..

Take good care of yourself and Speedy Recovery Wishes ..

:newhuggy :limbobanana :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Postby Renée » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:16 am

Thank you Alexandria!

Yes, Gill, it's known as white coat syndrome, I seem to remember. It is quite a common occurrence, apparently.

I do find that background music helps if I'm feeling stressed. It seems to block any stressful thoughts.

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:53 am

I was wrongly prescribed some nasty high blood pressure tablets by my doctor 10 years ago. The follow up appointment was a different doctor, who suggested I get a blood pressure monitor and self test. The result was that I was confirmed as having White Coat Syndrome, and my pressure was within the limits.

I've self tested ever since and have remained below the 140/90 limit, but unfortunately this year it's suddenly shot up, to the extent that I bought a new meter, thinking that it was the meter that was broken.

I suspect I'll end up on pills, but I'd like to look into non-pharmaceutical ways of improving it, which I'm assuming means diet and exercise. That will be hard work!

Postby Joanbunting » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:54 pm

Another accute sufferer here. It tend to get French medics seriously over excited. so I have learned to stay clear as far as possible.

Glad you are back in control Renee

Postby Lusciouslush » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Another member of the HBPC ( high blood pressure blood club) here...............!

I've had operations cancelled after injuries because the anaesthetist freaked out at the state of my BP!

I am not able to take the standard meds - so difficult, I was first diagnosed when I was eight & a half stone - so not weight-related - but gene-related.

Hope you're getting there......... :thumbsup

Postby Renée » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:37 pm

Oh that's really tough, Lush. There are so many different medications around, which work in different ways, so I hope that they can get it under control. One that I take relaxes the walls of the blood vessels and makes the blood flow more easily. I've no idea how that one works. It's quite incredible.

Sakkarin, I'm sorry that yours is creeping up, but it is important to get it under control and then you could try diet and exercise as well. Yes, I know, it's hard! I was planning to do that.

Postby Pampy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:30 pm

Lusciouslush wrote:Another member of the HBPC ( high blood pressure blood club) here...............!

I am not able to take the standard meds - so difficult, I was first diagnosed when I was eight & a half stone - so not weight-related - but gene-related.

Me too - I've had very high blood pressure for as long as I can remember. It took quite a while to find meds. that I could tolerate but I finally found some. At one stage, I was given diuretics which made me violently sick.
Renee - that's probably the type that you're on as diuretics cause the kidneys to remove more sodium and water from the body, which helps to relax the blood vessel walls, thereby lowering blood pressure.
One ACE Inhibitor, Ramipril, was developed from the venom of pit vipers - amazing how the natural world can offer medical solutions.

Postby Joanbunting » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:26 pm

I don't normally suffer from HBP, in fact the opposite but if a white coat approaches me it shoots up. M keeps saying to me "Breathe woman, just breathe" because I hold my breath as well.

Postby Renée » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:42 pm

Venon of pit vipers, Pampy and now you tell me!!! :mrgreen: I came off that one because of a very troublesome cough during the night and took an ARB instead. Now I'm taking Candesartan 8mg and Amlodipine 5mg. I don't think that I'm on a diuretic, otherwise I might know about it!

Next

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox