Register

Donner kebobs in canada

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Donner kebobs in canada

Postby mark111757 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:11 am

Re: Donner kebobs in canada

Postby Stokey Sue » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:32 am

We spell (and pronounce) it doner kebab (or kebap)

I really think the time for these disgusting super sized food "challenges" should have gone but sadly I see that Food Network have recruited a new presenter for Man vs. Food. I won't watch anything that suggest food and humans are "versus" each other, and turning gross eating into a gladatorial spectacle complete with chanting groundlings baying for blood is just repulsive IMO

Postby karadekoolaid » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:24 pm

Yep, I tend to agree with you Sue.

I find it particularly gross to contemplate anyone stuffing their face for "competition", or watching people suffer excruciating pain whilst snaffling down a Naga Jolokia or three.

Still, the doner kabab certainly seems to have attracted customers to the place, hasn´t it?

Postby Badger's Mate » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:17 pm

I cannot abide food waste. Unrealistic eating challenges, food fights and so forth disgust me. I don't get chilli eating contests either. I like hot chillies in dishes sometimes but it has never been a competitive issue with me as I like all styles of curries and spicy dishes.

There used to be a pub nearby that had a seafood platter challenge, which was a doable amount of food, all manner of different fish and shellfish. In those days they relied on the probability that people who ate jellied eels or cockles wouldn't fancy taramasalata or squid and vice versa. It was a nice plate of food, but the pub changed hands. The new owners kept up the concept, but the bountiful selection was replaced by an unreasonable amount of Unidentified Frying Objects.

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox