Register

aloo cheela pancakes

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Re: aloo cheela pancakes

Postby Mamta » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:36 am

Mamta, you have just reminded me of what I was going to make! I have been racking my brains trying to remember. I also bought the besan flour a while ago. I like the thin pancakes.

Renee, you could use your besan flour to make all sorts of pakoras. They are lovely with a hot cup of tea, specially on a rainy/cold day.
Besan Burfi, a fudge like sweet is also lovely.

Postby Renée » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:37 am

Thank you Mamta. I do prefer savoury foods, so the pakoras will be a healthy snack. I will look at your link for the recipes.

I've been in hospital twice this week with very high blood pressure, but it's under control now, so I can catch up with cooking!

Postby Mamta » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:40 am

Hope you recover soon Renee :crossed .
Both of us have flue this week, quite nasty, but it will pass. Older you get, harder it gets getting over illnesses!
Best of luck.

Postby jeral » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:29 pm

I do like stuffed parathas, which I used to make from a Reza recipe with half wholemeal/half white flour + yeast, but as I eat very little wheat flour these days, maybe I ought to make some little ones for the freezer, OR cheela pancakes of course :)

I do use besan flour for coating, but in e.g. bhajis I'm never sure if I've cooked it out, but if it doesn't have gluten it shouldn't need cooking out should it? (Not sure how to tell if pancakes are "done" despite being crispy brown...)

Some bhajis I've eaten in restaurants are big, some small (good and bad for either size), some almost onion rostis and some are more like stodgy Yorkshire Puds. Very confusing - consistency/size/cooked through if wanting to making at home.

I was sorry to read you were both poorly and hope you're fighting it off now. I was very bad in January from a chest lurgy, so ate very little for three weeks, hence eating fried food to put weight I'd lost back on <- that didn't work, it just made me feel bloated, but as karadekoolaid said, fried food is always something fancied worldwide (once on the mend), like chocolate is when poorly.

Postby Gillthepainter » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:28 pm

Sorry your all feeling below par.
Stay in and feed that fever!

I should be able to make these this weekend. I'm off out for a walk and an ingredients shop down town .....

Postby Mamta » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:12 pm

The cloud has finally lifted, but still fairly feeble, so cooking is pretty basic around here at the moment!
Keep well everyone, everyone I know has had it or is having it. We havnt stepped out of the house for 10 days, except to clear a little path for little Millie to go out and to feed/water birds.

Postby Lusciouslush » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Glad to hear a little corner turned Mamta - good news - it really is a bitch of a bug & knocks the stuffing out of you, I felt like 100 yrs old - I (we) were on antibiotics after a week because of the chest infection too - took it's time, but did the job eventually.

You will get there..........honest!

Postby Renée » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:54 pm

I had the same bug too in January and it took quite some time to clear. I had a craving for fried and all kinds of the wrong type of foods when I was over the worst.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox