Register

Digital Kitchen Scales

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Re: Digital Kitchen Scales

Postby jeral » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:01 pm

Thanks Stokey Sue for all the extra info. I noticed whilst trolling through that some bulbs were less lower than other low bulbs, so I'll keep my wits about me.

It is a case of pinning down exactly what will suit best isn't it?

smitch, you seem to have figured out what works for you and your Hue thingies seem really good.

Pampy, I keep a torch on a windowledge that I can find in the dark. The original cut-out breakers used to cut everything which could drive you mad until you could work out what had tripped it, so the ones that just cut the relevant circuit are a big improvement, oh, and self-fusing individual light bulbs.

Postby Pampy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:09 am

I keep a torch too but the real pain is having to go outside to the garage, especially at night - which is most of the time because the lights only blow when they're switched on.

Postby jeral » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:45 am

True Pampy, but it does make you feel like a superhero acting beyond the call of duty with an umbrella blowing inside out. The droll throwaway line, "It's what we do." 8-)

A couple of decades from now you'll be swapping stories with others remembering the days when... Although, these days you might need a selfie to prove it (provided your phone is waterproof) ;)

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Can't keep the good ones down.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox