Register

You're as rich as Croesus so what and where will you eat?

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM
Les Mains

You're as rich as Croesus so what and where will you eat?

Postby Les Mains » Sat May 12, 2012 9:05 pm

So you're as rich as Croesus and you've decided to take the person of your love or desires out for a dinner, a show and a night in some town or city to celebrate being as rich as Croesus. Share with us which town/city, which restaurant, which show and which hotel?

Re: You're as rich as Croesus so what and where will you eat

Postby Lusciouslush » Sat May 12, 2012 9:22 pm

You first.................. :)

Les Mains

Postby Les Mains » Sat May 12, 2012 10:16 pm

Lusciouslush wrote:You first.................. :)

Fair enough, but I should warn you that I probably won't be tender..... :roll:

Paris will be the venue. Paris Hilton would have been considered, but the passing of time has done no favours, of course. So I shall opt for Le Bristol as the hotel, with dinner in their (in-house) three Michelin starred Epicure. Possibly a bit conservative but I like conservative when it is truly of the very finest. I would love to go to Le Zebre de Belleville for the show though depends what's on. Lido, Moulin Rouge and Crazy Horse are only suitable for the impressionable now. Last time I went to the Lido a few years ago I thought that the Bluebell Girls should have been re-named....insulting to Betty Boothroyd.

Your turn :D

Postby Suelle » Sun May 13, 2012 8:37 am

I couldn't do it all in one go - the places I want to eat, if money was no object, aren't compatible with nights on the town!

I suppose we could stay overnight at Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons (Raymond Blanc). Then I could fulfill another ambition and arrange an early morning hot air balloon flight instead of a theatre show.

A village in Oxfordshire is hardly the bright city lights though.
The blog which does what it says on the tin:

http://mainlybaking.blogspot.co.uk/

Postby Sloe_Gin » Sun May 13, 2012 7:38 pm

I'd hate a show and a night in town. My worst nightmare.

I'd eat at Cennin, Beaumaris, (run by Aled Williams and he uses my mustard) and stay in the corner of a field in a caravan on Anglesey with hub and 3 pooches.

Hang on...I already do that at weekends? I must be as rich as Croesus then.
Award winning artisan pickle and chutney maker

Postby Stokey Sue » Sun May 13, 2012 11:51 pm

If ow as going to have a dinner that good I wouldn't have a show as well - an evening just isn't long enough and as I wouldn't be working I'd have time

I'd fly to Hong Kong with said object of desire, and have dinner at teh water fornt stalls

Repeat around the world

If you really want a restuarant - French Laundry I think

Postby Joanbunting » Mon May 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi Sue

I'm with you about a show and a top notch meal. One or t'other I think.

Our big treat each year is to go to the opera in the Roman theatre at Orange. You need to eat before-hand because the performance doesn't start until 9/9.30, but we book (already have) a very good but simple restaurant in the town. This year it is Turandot.

As to restuarant, we are planning (have booked) for Noma next year, but will be staying with friends.

One place I have always wanted to go and never managed is Michel Bras in Laguiole en Aubrac. We would want to stay there too, but our usual ploy is to find a good cheap hotel near a top restaurant and spend the money on the food.

Of course if I was a rich as Croesus it wouldn't matter.

Postby mistytwoshoes » Mon May 14, 2012 3:19 pm

Well, we would fly to Botswana/Zambia and have dinner prepared for us out in the bush and under the stars surrounded by the sound of lions - having done it I cannot think of anything else we would want!

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox