Register

my big birthday!

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

my big birthday!

Postby kari49 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:23 pm

hiya as a lot of you know i will be 50 this yr, i will be spending it in london, i have booked for lunch at galvins at windows and will probably spend the morning at borough market, have any of you been to the restaurant? also could any of you recommend where i could go for dinner that evening? it is a saturday and i want to get booked up soon thanks as always :thumbsup :thumbsup :D karen

Re: my big birthday!

Postby mark111757 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:22 am

enjoy your time borough market...from what i have seen on tv, it is an amazing place and happy birthday!!!!!!!!!

Postby Amazing » Fri May 11, 2012 1:55 am

Kari
what a grand excuse to get all dickied up. Are you going to buy a new outfit?

I would imagine that after lunch at Galvins at Windows that a light supper in a wine bar or bistro would be better than dinner somewhere.

Postby Dena » Fri May 11, 2012 1:57 am

Have a lovely day kari, when is it? What sort of price range are you thinking of? If you don't mind eating early quite a few restaurants have a pre-theatre menu,often very good value. Wotsits on seats when the restaurant might be empty is a good deal for both the customer and the restaurant :thumbsup

Postby Dena » Fri May 11, 2012 1:59 am

Just re-read your post and mine :oops: sorry.

a) you wouldn't want to eat early after a good lunch and b) you wouldn't be that hungry - maybe brain will be working better tomorrow.

Postby karadekoolaid » Fri May 11, 2012 3:22 am

kari49 wrote:hiya as a lot of you know i will be 50 this yr, i will be spending it in london, i have booked for lunch at galvins at windows and will probably spend the morning at borough market, have any of you been to the restaurant? also could any of you recommend where i could go for dinner that evening? it is a saturday and i want to get booked up soon thanks as always :thumbsup :thumbsup :D karen

Bloomin marvellous, Kari! Congratulations!
I'm about to hit 60.... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Postby kari49 » Fri May 11, 2012 12:49 pm

thank you for your replies, it is in august, i have been to borough market before courtesy of a previous food board meet, i loved it! so to me is apt, i want the whole day to be totally foodie, i will be getting dressed up as well am really looking forward to it! :thumbsup :) karen

Postby Joanbunting » Fri May 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Ooh you mad young thing :lol: :lol:

Have a wonderful day when it comes - I am a fellow Leo - when do you roar?

Do you know at my advanced age I think after a lovely lunch it might well be cocktails and maybe tapas-like nibbles in the evening. No thoughts of a show??

Postby kari49 » Fri May 11, 2012 2:00 pm

the 18th joan, not really bothered bout doing a show, but i do like the idea of tapas, i usually stay inthe hyde park, bayswater area as it is central, i used to live in london so i have no fears about going round on my own ;) :) karen

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox