Register

2 pork chops.

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM
chicken_hot_pot

2 pork chops.

Postby chicken_hot_pot » Thu May 10, 2012 3:56 pm

OH took 2 pork chops out of the freezer yesterday for dinner. In the end due to lessons we didn't eat them, so they went in the fridge.

Sadly he is feeling very unwell today and I can't imagine him wanting dinner tonight. Will they still be OK until tomorrow in the fridge?

Thanks, chp.

Re: 2 pork chops.

Postby Lusciouslush » Thu May 10, 2012 3:59 pm

They will be absolutely fine CHP :thumbsup No worries at all!

Postby kari49 » Thu May 10, 2012 4:03 pm

hiya chp they should be ok, hope oh feels better soon! :) karen

Postby jeral » Thu May 10, 2012 5:01 pm

I guess if you keep them until tomorrow and they're not OK, you'll probably know it ;) Alternatively, could cook them lightly, put in some stock or gravy and reheat tomorrow as they'll keep if cooked.

chicken_hot_pot

Postby chicken_hot_pot » Thu May 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Thanks both of you. I'll having something light for myself and see how he feels nearer the time. Though I can't see him wanting a full meal at the moment. Just seen your post jeral. I'll leave them for now, don't think I've got the energy to cook them either.

If he still feels the same tomorrow it'll be a trip to the hospital. :(

Postby Dover Soul » Thu May 10, 2012 5:38 pm

I'd be a little cautious.

Were they bought frozen and put in the freezer whilst still frozen?
Were they bought fresh then frozen, if so do you have any idea how long they were "on the shelf" before being frozen?
You say "they went in the fridge", does this mean they were defrosted at and to room temperature, and for how long before going in the fridge?

You haven't said what ails your OH and maybe you too if you are so tired, so, as I said I'd be a little cautious.
The gong has been struck, time to eat

chicken_hot_pot

Postby chicken_hot_pot » Thu May 10, 2012 6:46 pm

They were bought fresh Dover Sole and frozen as soon as we got them home, not near their sale by date. They went into the fridge to defrost early yesterday morning and not taken out in the end.

OH's health problem is long standing and isn't going to go away over night - sadly. I'm tired because he kept me awake by accident most of the night.

Postby jeral » Sat May 12, 2012 3:55 pm

A hug to you and OH. I'm sure you'll only do what you do but I guess you wouldn't have asked if you didn't have a doubt. I'd have a doubt about 3-day-old fresh chops in the fridge let alone defrosted ones but I am a Scary Mary. Hope OH gets back on an even keel soon.

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox