Register

CHATTERBOX

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Re: Chatterbox

Postby Uschi » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:36 pm

Aaaaw!!! How sweeeeet!!! :D :D :D

Postby Renée » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:07 am

What a lovely story, Joan!

Wokman, I think that should be entered in a photographic competition! We never see carrots like that in supermarkets. They are all so uniform in size.

Postby Wokman » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:56 pm

That's true Renée, unfortunately it's not my photo :cry:

Postby Puss-in-boots » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Well mum is back in Hospital, the wrist is shattered and she now has to have a second operation as they messed up the first... :evil:

On a lighter note when I spoke to her she is in very good spirits, so not bad at the tender age of 82. :lol:

Postby Joanbunting » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Dear Puss

So sorry about your mum. It isn't easy when oldies are hurt or have health problems.

Lucky her that she has you near by and you can take charge if necessary.

Good luck and big hugs for Mum :newhuggy :newhuggy

Postby Puss-in-boots » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:13 pm

Aww. Thankyou soo much Joan that does mean a lot :newhuggy

It was just two years ago that she broke her leg in two places after she fell, twisted her leg and ended up n plaster for 3 months. She has oesteoperosis and as she is getting older things (bones) break a lot easier. she is a tuff old bird though.

Sorry for moaning...xxx

Postby Puss-in-boots » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:54 pm

Yaay just spoke to mum and nurse. She is still a bit groggy as she didn't come out of theatre until 6.15pm (uk time) and sounds groggy but all went well... :thumbsup

She is over the moon that she has had a couple of cups of tea but her mouth is still dry but is still in good spirits...these oldies put us to shame.... :lol:

Postby Happy Violas » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:10 am

Puss you're lucky to be able to speak to anyone ... my FIL is in hospital and no-one past Reception will answer the phone. The only way I can find out how he is doing is going on a 1.5 hour round trip to visit and fitting that in every day isn't easy. I'm just hoping his hip gets better sooner rather than later ....

Postby Renée » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:31 am

Puss, I was so very sorry to hear about your mum and do hope that she makes a good recovery. You just can't believe that they got it wrong the first time. I feel so angry.

Happy Violas, what an awful situation. Before mum died, the year before last, I was able to ring directly to the ward.

Postby Uschi » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:39 am

Puss, I hope your Mum will be OK soon!!!

Postby AZCook » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:34 am

You carrots are very cute, Steve!

Postby Puss-in-boots » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:42 am

Thankyou for your kind wishes all.

HV they don't normally let you speak to the patients as the line has to be kept free so was over the moon to be able to speak to her twice yesterday and they don't have daytime visiting. I still can't believe they won't put you past reception. Disgraceful isn't it!

We finally have some sun here today instead of being grey, cold and miserable. :thumbsup

Hi AZ. Hope you are well. :wave

Postby Uschi » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:47 am

You can get the ward's number over here and try your luck with them. If you don't call them at all hours and all the time they will usually be happy to give you a quick bulletin.

I found that asking them when a call would be convenient for them helped a lot. And a big bag of handmade truffles delivered along with the patient first thing. ;)

Postby Happy Violas » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:40 pm

Hiya, Reception put me through to the ward but no one answers that phone. To be honest there's rarely anyone on the ward desk when I go - everyone is just too busy. Visiting times during the week are 6:30 to 8:30pm .... so just a short time really although I know why it's done that way. Never mind, at least we do an NHS and my FIL's treatment is good and that's what really matters.

Site Admin

Pilot Badger Cull

Postby Sakkarin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:32 pm

I am getting quite angry about this pilot badger cull they keep going on about in the news, after all if they didn't want them to fly, they shouldn't have given them licences in the first place.

Postby Renée » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:09 pm

Awww... how sweet! I hope it makes a quick escape! :D

Postby Uschi » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:21 pm

So do I!!!

Postby Puss-in-boots » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:30 pm

HV I agree wholeheartedly. We are lucky that we have an NHS and mum seems great other than she keeps dozing in between reading her books as she isn't tired just bored but is being she well looked after and the nursing staff are really nice.

I hope they get the pilot badger cull sorted soon too Sakks.

Thanks uschi, love that picture.

Postby jeral » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:47 pm

Well, my other arm broke on Tues so I was jolly glad they'd only closed half the local A & E - for now at least. The thing I hate most is having to sit on metal chairs with metal arms for hours and they will not let you lie down despite however much discomfort or fainting from the shock one might be, sob. They confirmed a break quite quickly but high up so the treatment is just a sling. The doctor was trying desperately to pack me off home, despite I was howling in pain with any slight movement and kept coming back each 30 mins (about 7 hrs total).

Eventually gave up and grudgingly found me a bed for the night - thank goodness. The ward staff weren't much more sympathetic either "There's your bed - get in it", which I managed by myself in agony and c.15 mins later when a nurse came back, she tutted when I asked if she'd pull the covers over me - I'd been shivering with cold for c.15 mins. To them I was just a nuisance for even being there. Sorry for the rant - only one nurse gave comfort and asked for more painkillers for me but she was ignored by the doc who was still trying to send me home.

Anyway, my oyster sauce plans are off the cards for now - can't get top off :lol: or chop or peel etc. Doh!

Hope you peeps are all well.

Postby hungryhousewife » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:50 pm

Oh dear! How awful Jeral! That sounds quite miserable! I hope you manage to get home safely and that you will be on the mend soon! Magic1

HH

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox