Register

beef burgliers

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Re: beef burgliers

Postby hungryhousewife » Fri May 04, 2012 2:34 pm

I just came home and flicked on the telly - Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall was making a rather delicious looking bloody mary buger! He put a tablespoon of tomato paste in a dish, mixed with tobasco, Lee & Perins, celery salt, a little vodka - stirred it into a paste, then mushed it in with his minced topside. It looked absolutely delish!
HH

Postby cooksalot » Fri May 04, 2012 4:31 pm

Sounds like the perfect thing to eat with Friday night cocktails!

Postby Happy Violas » Fri May 04, 2012 6:57 pm

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/p10481/Burger ... ccessories

Here's the link for a quarter pounder press and waxed discs ... I have the original smaller press but the principle is the same. It was a gadget I wasn't sure I'd use but it's definitely worth the cupboard space!

Postby karadekoolaid » Fri May 04, 2012 7:30 pm

cooksalot wrote:I have made my own but I find they tend to fall apart :( . .

that's because there's not enough fat on the meat to hold it together. I askfor a kilo of beef, then get the butcher to mince it for me - twice.
My beefburgers use minced beef, salt, pepper and very little else. The flavour is there and if I want extra, I'll add cheese, onion, mushroom, sauce - what ever!

Postby karadekoolaid » Fri May 04, 2012 8:19 pm

hungryhousewife wrote:I just came home and .. Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall was making a rather delicious looking bloody mary buger! HH

Sod the burger; just give me the Bloody Mary! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Postby DeanP » Sat May 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Just finished my burgers. Home made with garlic and chilli and stuffed with Danish blue. Beats a frozen burger every time. Straight off the coals, none of this gas BBQ malarkey!

Cheers

Dean

Postby karadekoolaid » Sat May 05, 2012 11:20 pm

DeanP wrote:Just finished my burgers. Home made with garlic and chilli and stuffed with Danish blue. Beats a frozen burger every time. Straight off the coals, none of this gas BBQ malarkey!

Cheers

Dean

That's my man!!

Postby hungryhousewife » Sat May 05, 2012 11:21 pm

Hi Clive! Right with you on the burger method - and the bloody mary, for what it's worth!! :lol: :lol:
HH

Postby Global_Worming » Sun May 06, 2012 8:25 am

DeanP wrote:Just finished my burgers. Home made with garlic and chilli and stuffed with Danish blue. Beats a frozen burger every time. Straight off the coals, none of this gas BBQ malarkey!

Cheers

Dean
:clap :thumbsup This is the best burger in Serbia we ate there last year.I have his feta and onion stuffed pljeskavica.The bun (lepinje) is 50% of the great burger.The white goop he spreads on is kajamak or fermented clotted cream :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1iqyD6Wg1Q

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox