Register

5:2

How to curb your cravings and stay away from the ice cream!

5:2

Postby Egg » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:49 pm

Anyone doing this, besides me and Paul the Bread?

I seem to have changed my way of living.
Not for the worse either. :)

He blogs about it, I'm not so brave :lol:
A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg.

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.

Re: 5:2

Postby jeral » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:06 pm

It's not for me as I'm always trying to gain weight, although I did do 6:1 in my youth quite happily for ages ("1" was a dish of tinned fruit & evap milk). It was fine/easy since I wasn't very active on Sundays at the time anyway and I did feel "mentally virtuous" as if I were giving my body a chance to recover from having food shovelled into it. Don't know if I could have done "2".

Glad it's working out for you, hopefully equally fine/easily :thumbsup

Postby dennispc » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:59 am

Sorry to be so late with my response, Egg. We’ve done 5:2 lots of times! For what are really minor health problems every so often we have a break.

I love it, as eating less means spending less, :thumbsup but seriously I'm better for it as my ageing body feels more flexible and walking is easier. On fast days I go without breakfast, some salad for lunch and usually a piece of fish with baked tomatoes and a green veg. It’s rare for me to calorie count exactly, but then I don’t overeat (or feast) on ‘normal’ days and have reduced the intake of bread (home made) and that does test me.

Are you aware of this forum? http://forum.fastday.com/

Give it a few months and maybe I'll start a thread on Food Chat, there might be more responses.

Postby Stokey Sue » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:31 pm

I've been doing it for a while, though I have a tendency to drop to 6:1 when busy

I've lost 11 kg and feel better for it but have slowed right down due to the 6:1 tendency and need to get back on track

We discuss 5:2 quite a lot on the Wildfood board.

Postby dennispc » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:24 am

Stokey Sue wrote:We discuss 5:2 quite a lot on the Wildfood board.

Hi Sue, as I hadn't remembered a thread you got me searching and realised I took part in one :oops: - Intermitent fasting in France. That was nearly a year ago so understandable I’d forgotten. :D The other discussions were on what folk are eating and Chatterbox - neither of which I visit very often. I’d not noticed a thread specifically about 5:2 and to be honest I don’t often check this Healthy Eating one either. No doubt because I think our eating habits are normal ones. :thumbsup

Postby Egg » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:24 am

I forgot I'd posted this, and I need to say Hi to PTB if he still drops in.

The 5.2 seems to be going ok I have dropped from approx 140 kilo down to just short of 110 over a nice steady period , without much extra (if any) exercise too.
Quite a lot of inspiration from Paul and his blog, I have also started to use an online app and website to check my meals, recipes and to make sure I kept my food calorie intake up, yes I said up :), I found it easy to adapt it to my 5.2.

I'm not sure if I could call everything I do healthy food. I eat a fair bit of quorny stuff, mushrooms, tomatoes and lots of veg curry, oh and a McDonalds once a week at least :lol:
A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg.

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.

Postby pcdennis » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:16 am

Hi Egg, I'll tell him you posted - a little while ago he changed his on-line name to Breadandwine.

We had a couple of weeks away in North Yorkshire, Durham and Northumberland and at times like that we don't bother to keep 5.2, but this past week I got back into the swing, Tuesday and Friday. These days we fit it in as and when.

All the best to you.

Return to Healthy Eating