Register

Reply to Chatterbox question

The place to make suggestions about the Board
Site Admin

Reply to Chatterbox question

Postby Sakkarin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:19 pm

In response to:

http://www.carta.co.uk/foodforum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=497#p5692

You may not realise it, but the top level Chatterbox/Board Issues Forums are not visible to casual surfers, only when you log in as a member.

I think it was Wokman suggested that the lack of a visible Chatterbox in the main Forum might deter potential users, which I think was a valid point, and one which I tried to address.

One option was to put a Chatterbox thread in the main Food Chat forum, but that would probably upset those who don't like non-food chat in there, so I incorporated the "Chatterbox" option in the existing Seasonal Goodwill title... although it did say "and chat" in it's descriptive blurb from the outset, as that was what it was intended for.

I may try and move the info from the external Chat into the Seasonal one, unless anyone thinks that a member's-only one is a good idea anyway. Board issues will remain a members-only area.

Re: Reply to Chatterbox question

Postby jeral » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:27 pm

I didn't know that one was visible to members but not the other. On a public forum which anyone can join, I guess it's not hard to become a member if it becomes apparent that there might "hidden goodies" by simply signing up since membership has no fee attaching. I'm pragmatic by nature and having just seen "board issues - only available to members" I'd sign up just to see what I was missing ;) On any Chatterbox, any member should remember that it is a public thread.

Return to Board Issues